If you live in Texas, you might be wondering how to get Texas windstorm insurance. Texas has a state-sponsored insurance program called the Texas FAIR Plan Association. If you live in Texas, you should consider getting a TWIA policy, but these policies generally only offer basic coverage. You can also look for a more comprehensive policy in the private market. This article will help you decide which policy is right for you.


You’re probably wondering how to get Texas windstorm insurance. If your home has been built after Aug. 31, 2009, or is located in a flood zone starting with V, you’re required to have a windstorm certificate of compliance. To qualify, your home must also be built to the state’s building code and be in good condition. If you’re not sure if your home meets these criteria, ask previous owners if they have any certificates. Otherwise, contact the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) to find out if your property has one.

Texas FAIR Plan Association

Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) policies are required for coastal homeowners in Texas. They are similar to Florida’s FAIR Plan, but the coverage is more limited than voluntary market windstorm insurance. You must apply for TWIA windstorm insurance after being declined by two private insurers. However, TWIA policies are only for residential property, so you should consider purchasing additional coverage from the private market.

Maison Insurance

In December 2015, Maison Insurance Company, Inc. was granted a Certificate of Authority to compose in Texas. It began by writing wind/hail and manufactured home insurance programs, and later partnered with Brotherhood Mutual. In December 2015, Maison began writing homeowners and manufactured home insurance policies in Texas. The company was endorsed to write in Florida in 2017. It took an interest in the Citizens Depopulation program and dispatched a Wind Only Homeowners item in 2018. The Louisiana Department of Insurance regulates Maison, but it is a good company to work with.

Texas Catastrophe Property Insurance Association

If you want to protect your home and property from the effects of a severe weather event, you can get a windstorm insurance policy from the Texas Catastrophe Property Insurance Association. This non-profit association is governed by the Texas Department of Insurance, the state board of insurance, and the Texas Catastrophe Property Insurance Association. Its board of directors determines the amount of deductibles. Once you’ve met the deductible amount, you’ll be able to buy your policy directly from the association.

Texas Windstorm Insurance Association

If you live in a high-risk area in Texas, you may be eligible for the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association. This non-profit organization offers windstorm and hurricane insurance to people who have been turned down by other insurers. To qualify for TWIA insurance, you need to have been rejected by at least one insurer, either for not meeting your needs or for a policy with inadequate coverage. To learn how to get Texas Windstorm Insurance Association insurance, read on to learn more.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.